2014 Scholastic Road Race Series: The 8th Annual
Team and individual scholastic racing for student-athletes from elementary school to high school. All are welcome. Teams are encouraged but individuals are also allowed to compete.
Overall series standings tracked and trophies for the top leaders in every individual category and team categories. Individual scoring based off of the best 8 results.
- Varsity Boys = USAC cat 1/2/3
- JV Boys = USAC cat 4
- Novice Boys = USAC cat 5
- Varsity Girls = USAC 1/2/3
- JV Girls = USAC 4 (maybe select 3’s)
Be sure to check out our fun and competitive races.
- Feb. 8-9: preseason race @ Cedar Hill Race Festival
- March 1-2: A&M race @ College Station: ALL Minors MUST have both of the additional A&M Waivers completely filled out and signed by their PARENT or legal guardian in order to race at this race.
- March 8-9: Fair Park Crit & Jesuit Ranger Roundup RR @ DFW
- April 12-13: MSU race @ Wichita Falls: Note the date change….
- Race Flyer & Information
- May 10-11: Coldsprings RR & Houston Grand Crit @ Houston*** = State Championships w/ points worth double
- Race Flyer & Information
Inaugural (First-Ever in the Country) Scholastic Cyclocross Series
For the first time ever we are having a scholastic cyclocross series this winter. All the information is posted below and links are updated as the information becomes available. Also keep up with our facebook page for all the latest.
- Nov. 23/24 in Waco
- Dec. 7 in Houston
- Dec. 28/29 in Garland
We’ll offer the following scholastic categories, which will race with the corresponding USAC category.
- Varsity Boys = Men 1/2
- JV Boys = Men 3/4
- Novice Boys = Men 4/5
- Varsity Girls = Women Open
- Varsity Girls = Women 3/4
Plan to go race or watch and have a blast!
2013 Scholastic Mountain Bike Series
Fun competition for middle school and high school students of all abilities – from first timers to elite experts – representing their schools in competitive and fun races.
In 2013 we are expanding our partnership with TMBRA (Texas Mountain Bike Racing Association) and continuing our partnership with DORBA (Dallas Off Road Bicycling Association). Every TMBRA fall race in the state of Texas and one of the DORBA series races will be part of our official scholastic race series. Once again student racers will be able to compete in both the TMBRA series and our Texas High School Cycling League competition at the same time. Racers only need to indicate at registration (race check-in) that they are also competing in the high school series and will need to record their school name. There is no additional cost! Expanding the partnership with TMBRA, TMBRA will tabulate, maintain, and post results for the scholastic series on the TMBRA website in addition to our postings here.
For the series flyer click here.
The Scholastic Series Race Categories are as follows:
Girls Varsity (USAC cat 1 & 2)
Girls JV (USAC Cat 3)
Boys Varsity (USAC cat 1 & 2)
Boys JV (USAC Cat 3)
The leader of the Boy’s and Girls’ Varsity overall standings at the end of each race weekend will get a Series Leader’s Jersey which is sure to become a hotly contested item.
Contact our brand new Mountain Bike Coordinator with any questions: Christine Tucker: email@example.com
- Sept. 1, 2013: Camp Eagle Classic, Rocksprings, TX
- Sept. 15, 2013: Dave Boyd Huntsville Classic, Huntsville, TX
- Oct. 6, 2013: DORBA Cedar Hill State Park, Cedar Hill, TX
- NEW Registration & Information link
- Results Canceled due to rain.
- Oct. 13, 2013: Tyler Speedwaves, Tyler, TX
Archived Seasons and Results:
In the spring of 2007 we hosted the first High School race series in the state of Texas. We had FOUR weekends of racing and a total of Seven races including Road Races, Criteriums, and even an Individual Time Trial. In order to put on this race series the league partnered with the South Central Collegiate Cycling Conference (SCCCC) to promote a few joint collegiate and high school races. Thanks to the cycling clubs at the University of Texas and Midwestern State University for including high school categories in their collegiate races. Thanks also to the SCCCC and all it’s clubs. The partnership has continued since 2007 and continues today. It provides the college clubs a chance to sell themselves to the high school racers and it shows the high school racers that they can continue racing at a higher lever when they go to college.